O.W.L.S. Older, Wiser, Lovable Saints
(Older, Wiser, Lovable Seniors)
There is always a sign-up sheet in the foyer with all the particulars for each event.
The OWLS exist to meet the social needs of the many senior citizens at First Baptist Church of South Portland.
- 1st and 4th Wednesday- Brown Bag Lunch & Bible Study
- Every 2nd Wednesday- Bowling
- Every 3rd Wednesday- Music Ministry at the Veterans’ Home
- The last Sunday of the month, following our worship service, we go out to enjoy lunch together.
- “Magic of Christmas? and other orchestral opportunities through Merrill Auditorium in Portland. (See picture- right)
- Museum of Art in Portland (click here to go to the Museum)
- Pot–luck dinners at the church
- Shopping trips outside the Portland area and Kennebunkport/ Kittery area
- Mail Boat trip during the summer (click here for mail boat and other attractions)
- Breakfast and lunches at local Portland restaurants
- Walking for exercise and enjoyment: Eastern Prom; Bug Light; Fort Williams; and Old Orchard Beach, just to name a few (click here for lighthouses)
- Taking advantage of the activities available through the South Portland Community Center (click here to go to the Community Center) schedule of events
- Victorian Mansion Tour
- Short-notice social gatherings as available.
Fall Foliage Trip
The OWLS committee, as elected by the participants, investigates then submits for approval what activities would be most enjoyable for the group.
Why not come and check us out! We would love to meet you and introduce you to our Savior and ourselves!