When we meet:
Youth Group is our ministry’s primary meeting time. Both Junior and Senior groups meet for two hours on Monday evenings (6-8pm) and enjoy fellowship together. We usually start with prayer, dive into the topic for the night, then end the night out with a game or two. Beginning in January of 2012, we’ll be switching nights so check back here to see when we’ll be meeting in 2012. We are also encouraging the teens to start bringing some snacks to share. If you or your teens want to bring food every once in a while, let Jakob know!
Sunday school is a time on Sunday Mornings when we become more educated about what we believe and why we believe it. We meet during the school year right after the morning services and have been blessed to be joined by the youth ministry of Disciples International Christian Church during this time.
We try to do a number of events throughout the year with the students. Some take place at the Church building and we travel for others. Our goal with these is to provide a fun (and hopefully cheap) way to build relationships with the teens in the ministry. We are always interested in adults coming along to help drive kids to and from these events as well! Please contact Jakob and download the linked permission slip if your child is interested in attending any of these events. YG 2012 Permission Form Some are listed below with an estimated cost.
- Snow Camp (Winter and Summer) | Twice a year we join the youth ministry of Shiloh Chapel in Durham, ME for a retreat filled with teaching, bible study, worship, and games. This is usually around $30 per person
- Paint Ball | This also takes place up at Shiloh and will usually cost just over $20 per person playing paint ball.
- Soul Jam | Each May, Worship Radio Network holds its Christian Music Festival at Funtown in Saco, ME. This is a great way to hear great music and spend a day at Funtown with your friends. We usually are able to get in for around $30 per person.
- The Corn Maze | Maine has a few farms with Corn Mazes that are built into them over the course of the summer. So each October, we try to attend one (usually in Dayton, ME). They are about $8 to get in.
- UNITE ME | This is a gathering for youth ministries in Maine. It is a night of worship and games meant to build more unity between the Churches in the area.
- Movie and Theology | Every once in a while we have a youth group night where we watch a movie instead of our normal youth group time. But this is more than watching a movie. Our goal with Movie and Theology (M&T) is to help each other pick up how a movie is reflecting the truth of the gospel or preaching a message contrary to it. These are fun nights, and we hope to do a few each year.
- Lock In’s | These are where we stay up all night and play games, have a bit of teaching, and eat food. Did I mention we play games?
- And more! There are many other game nights, parties, and activities that we do together and we’ll do our best to get them announced and on the calendar far enough ahead of time for you!
We do so much around here that it is often difficult to stay connected with our ministry. That’s why we have set up the So Po Youth Facebook page. Please visit it often and “Like” us to stay up to speed with where we are at!
SPFBC Student Ministries (Jr. High and High School) are centered on the Bible. It is our aim to equip students with Bible knowledge to help them navigate the race of life. We want the Bible to be living and applicable, not just facts to know in our heads. We also seek to provide students with a fellowship group where they can grow in the Lord and encourage one another.
We plan activities that are fun! It is important for students to use their energy and imaginations in creative, constructive ways, and to be able to invite friends to find out what Christianity is all about.
For questions contact: email@example.com