Adult Sunday School
“Seven Laws of the Learner” – Peter Hasbrouck and Mike Callow (starts February 24, 2013)
Seven Laws of the Learner
“Teach almost anything to practically anybody once you master these seven time-tested principles. Your passion for educating others will be rekindled as you learn how to motivate low achievers and enable students to master twice the material in half the time. Discover what really motivates students—and teaching will never be the same! “
Class Description — Join us as we learn how to teach using the “Seven Laws of the Learner” DVD curriculum, based on the book of the same title by Bruce Wilkinson. He is best known for Walk Thru the Bible.
Purpose — to learn to be a part of the teaching ministry to all generations in our church.
Duration of Class — This class will last until the end of Sunday School in June. Class will begin at 11:10am each Sunday.
Resources Needed for the Class
- Study guides are available for $10 to help you remember what we learn each week.
” The Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ” – Pastor Phil Andrukaitis (starts February 24, 2013)
“The coming of Jesus into the world is the most stupendous event in human history…The story of how Jesus came into the world, what He said and did there, and how He left the world while still remaining in it, has, it is safe to say, been more told, mulled over, analyzed and expounded and illustrated, than any other in human history” [Malcolm Muggeridge].
An exploration of the life and ministry of Christ in three stages:
- From His Preexistence & Birth to the Sermon on the Mount
- From the Sermon on the Mount to His Last Journey to Jerusalem
- From His Last Entry into Jerusalem to His Resurrection & Ascension
Thinking: Participants will grow in their understanding of the Person of Jesus, exploring the distinctives of each Gospel, the theology of the Kingdom and its relationship to His work, and how to apply biblical truths for today’s world.
Being: Participants will spiritually mature over the duration of this class having been exposed to the radical nature of Jesus by being encouraged to conform their lives to His and to understand how the “good news” is really good news for them and others.
Doing: Participants will be challenged to seek opportunities for sharing the “good news” in different settings and to use Jesus’ person and ministry as a model for leadership in their God-given ministries.
Duration of Class:This class study will not be limited to 13 weeks. Rather, the scope of our exploration into the life and ministry of Jesus Christ will most likely carry us into 2014.
Participants may come and go as they please; however, the absence of a steady commitment to the class study may reduce the learning outcomes.
Resources needed for the Class:
- Three-ring notebook to contain and organize class-notes and handouts
Expectations from the Class:
- Homework: There will be light homework assignments from time to time.
- Prayer: Please pray for this class and one another.
- Desire: Philippians 3:10 comes to mind. To study the life and ministry of Jesus is not just another class for information sake; rather, it is one of the greatest ways we can bring pleasure to God’s heart as we to become more like Him.